From Moses to Gutenberg, easily find out how we got the Bible we have today and discover why we can trust it with this 6-session DVD study on the history of Bible! Dive into the fascinating stories of the people who risked their lives to print and distribute the Word of God (Tyndale, Wycliffe, etc). Perfect for personal or small group use.
Have you ever wondered where the Bible came from? Who wrote the books of the Bible and how did they end up together? Perhaps you have been asked by a friend or coworker about books that were cut out of the Bible. Through the six sessions in this Bible history DVD, expert Dr. Timothy Paul Jones will guide you and your class through important questions about the Holy Bible to show you why it can be trusted. Packed with stunning visuals, dramatic stories, and illustrative animations, this exciting Bible History curriculum will take you from the earliest clay tablets and papyrus copies to the first bound Bible and the various Bible translations that we use today!
You don’t have to be an expert to lead this six-session study. Perfect for small groups, Bible studies, or personal use.
With this history of the Bible DVD study, you will discover:
- 3 Ways the Bible is Unlike Any Other “Holy Book”
- What it means when we say that the Bible is inspired and inerrant
- What people did to preserve the text of the Bible over the centuries
- How we know that the Old and New Testament is reliable
- The stories behind names like John Wycliffe, William Tyndale, Gutenberg, and King James I
The How We Got the Bible Complete Kit is an All-Inclusive Class on Bible History
Ready to go at a moment’s notice, the How We Got the Bible Complete Kit gives you everything you need to lead a class on Bible reliability.
- DVD of all six 25-35-minute sessions
- Leader Guide (printed and digital copy)—Includes flexible lesson plans and outlines, fun icebreakers, Questions Participants May Ask, and additional prayer and application activities
- Participant Guide (printed) with discussion and application questions, key terms and definitions, session outlines for following along and note-taking, and additional material for further learning
- Fold-out time line of the history of the Bible
- 168-page Reference Handbook of How We Got the Bible
- Ready-to-use teaching PowerPoint® with over 100 slides of facts and apologetics proofs
- CD-ROM with PDFs printable promo materials (posters, banners, door hangers) PLUS digital banners (jpg), and PowerPoint® save-the-date slide (jpg)
How We Got the Bible DVD-based Study Sessions Include—
- Session 1: What’s So Special About the Bible
- Session 2: How We Got the Old Testament
- Session 3: How We Got the New Testament
- Session 4: How the Books of the New Testament Were Chosen
- Session 5: How the New Testament Was Copied
- Session 6: How We Got the Bible in English
5 Key Features of the How We Got the Bible Video Study
1. All-Inclusive (Features Everything You Need to Launch a Bible History Course in One Box!)
You don’t have to be an expert to lead this 6-session, ready-to-use How We Got the Bible DVD. Includes everything you need to prep and take your group through this self-guided course.
2. Get a Simple Overview of the history of the Bible (Covers over 3,500 Years)
Enjoy having a concise overview of the Bible’s entire history at your fingertips. With the push of a button, teach your class or study group what biblical reliability means in six visual and easy-to-understand teaching videos, packed with key events and people to deepen your understanding of the history of the Bible:
- Key people including Wycliffe, Tyndale, Gutenberg, and Erasmus
- The Dead Sea Scrolls, the Vulgate, the King James Bible, and today’s modern Bible translations
- Ancient methods and materials used by scribes to hand copy the Bible accurately
- A time line and explanation of how we got the Bible in English
3. Provides Solid Proofs for Why You Can Trust the Bible
Easily compare today’s Bible with the Dead Sea Scrolls and many more early church records from past centuries to see how carefully the texts have been translated and recorded. Enjoy getting a simple explanation of the Bible’s reliability with basic apologetics.
4. Packed with Fascinating Stories of Key People and Events
History can be a dry and tedious subject – but not with the How We Got the Bible teaching DVD! Instead of flipping through volumes of bland history, sit back and take in the exciting stories of William Tyndale, the first century apostles, the Gutenberg printing press, and so much more!
5. Flexible and Easy-to-Use Format
Enjoy leading your Bible study, small group, or congregation through six 25-to-35 minute teaching sessions on all the basics of Bible history they need to know! Perfect for a one-hour session when you include the discussion and reflection questions from the guides. Freely expand the class to six 90-minute sessions with the supplemental curriculum in the PowerPoint®, reference handbook, and fold-out time line.